View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Help with Tiffanie...PLEASE

I haven't let Tif got outside around 8 pm any for a few weeks due to her being so big, well I ask her today if she wanted to go out and she jumped right out of the whelping box so I took her out front, well I noticed she wasn't walking right, her back legs seem to go in when she walks...It's hard to explain, I don't know what it is...She isn't shaking any or nothing like that, drinking lots and lots of fresh water, eating TONs of food, I'm giving her 1/2 tums in the morning and 1/2 @ night and 1 tbsp. of cottage cheese in her food around 3 pm...She gets out of the whelping box to eat and drink and potty on puppy pads but goes right back in, I'm wondering if it's because she's layin' in there to long??? I mean it's a HUGH tote with wheels, so she can sprawl out in it. Or what else could it be? Could it be due to her whelping? I know she is panting ALL the time in there with the heating pad on one side and she lays on the other side could it be to hot in there? It's 83.3 inside the room and inside the whelping box. She and the babies go to get their tail and claws done tomorrow @ the vet I'm going to ask them to watch her walk, see what they think. I'm really worried about her but can't understand what it might be, could she have some how damaged her legs while whelping? I sure hope not. Please any advise would be grateful.
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!