View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #9
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdmom View Post
just noticed when you say brush you do mean not to use a comb? Only a brush? is there a special brush you recommend? Someone recommended a slicker brush but i'm wondering if that would cause too much breakage? Someone else recommended a boars brush? Also, when you say you don't overbrush the coat and that you usually brush after a bath, does that mean you only brush every 4 days? Thanks! Theresa
Slicker brushes are only recommended as a dematting tool, only using the sides of the brush to break through the mat. Spray mat with a detangler and hold fingers between the skin and knot as not to allow the slicker brush to pull. Gently use the sides of the brush and work slowly. Slickers if not used properly can destroy a coat.

No, I don't use a comb, only for parting the coat. And a small facial comb for the face furnishings and parting to put up a topknot. Oh! I do use it for teasing in making the poof.

I use a Isinis brush for drying the coat. I hold them on my lap, back against my chest and start from underneath, tummy first, legs and then put them on their back and dry layer by layer. Then put them on their tummy and work at the facial furnishings. I only use a natural boar bristle brush (Mason-Pearson) for finishing the grooming process, usually at show time.

Best to wash the face after breakfast, and once the facial furnishings are long enough I begin banding them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!