View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 01:13 PM   #8
spiked_poodle
YT 500 Club Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Never brush a dry coat, never comb a wet coat. Never brush a dirty coat. If you are attempting to grow a show coat, the best thing for promoting growth is a clean coat. Bathe every 4 days, I usually brush after a bath while drying. Keep them off of grass, furniture and carpet. Now I know that is totally impossible, but do the best you can. I only let them sleep on satin beds. Make sure you clean eyes daily. As the eye boogers rot the coat and the hair there will become part of the facial furnishings
I do usually brush her coat as I dry it, and I always clean her face daily....she will not eat breakfast until she has been groomed. I have only been using a comb on her dry hair. It is a very fine toothed metal comb. I have started bathing every 4 days, ever since I read that it was better for the coat. I have been using the slicker brush as I dry. Little booger loves it! And yes I try to keep her ground contact minimal as everything gets in her coat!! I would love to see what she looks like in a full length coat!!!! I can hardly wait!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!