View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 08:49 AM   #10
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I would recommend distilled water. That's what several vets have told me regarding crystals/stones.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the cranberry pills, so I can't really give advice on that.
As far as foods are concerned...Vets usually prescribe Hill's u/d, but I do not like the ingredients in it, and I won't feed it to my dog. He had seizures for the short time that he was on that food. I wish I could tell you which food to give your baby, but we homecook.
One thing you could do though...There's a nutritionist/dietician at the University of Tennessee who will formulate a homemade diet specific to your dog's health needs. I think she charges around $150??? I'm not sure, but that might be an option.
Otherwise, if you feed the dry Canidae, you should really serve it with equal parts water, meaning if you feed 1/4 cup of Canidae per feeding, add 1/4 cup of water to it. But don't let it sit out like that...Your baby would need to eat it right then, not to be left out all day. I understand that your husband does not want to feed canned food, but if it comes to your furbaby's overall health, I think it might be necessary. As long as you clean her teeth with a baby finger toothbrush or petzlife oral gel, your dog's teeth should be fine.
Those stones will not come out if her urine is not diluted enough...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!