View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #30
YORKIEMOM2B2006
Owned by 3 furbabies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdmom View Post
I hate this disease cancer. I can't tell you how much! I lost my mom to it 24 years ago and last year my baby sister. My mom left before 4 kids and I was the oldest at 18 so was left to raise my younger siblings. My baby sister was just 9 then. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 22 and was in remission for 8 years before it turned up in her bones and we lost her last year at age 32. She also left behind 4 children. It really seems so unfair. But I have to tell you all to please make sure you get a second opinion. My girlfriends husband was diagnosed 3 years ago with pancreatic cancer with a very poor prognosis 6mo-1years. he went for a second opinion and one of the doctors recommeneded he go for further testing as and it turned out that he didn't have pancreatic cancer but testicular cancer which is much more treatable. He went thru chemo and surgery and it took it's toll on him but he has been cancer free for 2 years now and I believe it's a miracle. I am happy for her but wish my sister had received a miracle as well and I guess in some ways she did. I don't understand why we can't seem to find a cure for this dreaded disease.....
sorry for your losses
I pray they find a cure.........
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!