View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 09:15 AM   #10
diggy4
Bella Boo & Diggy Too!
Donating GS Member

Animal Smiley 049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_of_Lilly View Post
Thank you so much for the help! I think that I will use Nutrical. You can't be too safe. I will be getting her at 16 weeks ( ) so hopefully she will have grown out of it but I will def play it safe. Also do you think Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner some snacks throughout the day, and Nutrical before bed will do...or should it be Nutrical thought the day on some sort of hourly basis????
If your baby is 16 weeks.. I wouldnt give it at all unless you see she experiances things that cause low blood sugar....Like Extreme stress, not eating, going to vet, like I said you can check your babys gums...if they look pale and whitish Id give him a dab...but being he is 16 weeks...I think your baby is out of the usual Hypo age and should be fine! I free feed. I recommend always having food available for your baby. This breed is so little and burns so many calories so fast I do not think as a pup 3 meals a day is enough. They get distracted, or preoccupied and just dont eat sometimes. I say Diggy is Puppy ADD lol
Yes I do offer snacks a lot. Fresh fruits and veggies are great treats...no grapes, raisins, or onions! Diggy's favorite is green peppers! Baby carrots are high in sugar also and are a great easy treat! Apples, banannas, and strawberries are wonderful and Diggy and Bella love them! You can offer a few Cheerios here and there too! I also give a 1/2 tablespoon of Yo Baby Yogurt (human yogurt for toddlers) to both my Yorkies a day if you get it, get the one with no cereal I heard thats better.
I also scramble them an egg with shredded cheese use a no stick pan with no oil. They usually love eggs! Good luck with your baby! Let me klnow if you need anything else! If I cannot answer I will help ya find someone who can....there is always tons to learn and Im still doing so myself!

Last edited by diggy4; 06-21-2007 at 09:17 AM.
diggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!