View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 07:28 AM   #13
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
I hate when vets give the bigger dose on stuff like this - they tried to do that to me on atopica and i bought it but never used it just went to dermatologist and they said no way that dose is way to much for small dog one was 10mg for dogs under 10lbs and the other for dogs 9.1-16lbs 25mg and my dog is 6lbs and drug causes vomitting - I could not do it - the vet should have done a prescription so you could get it from another vets office to get the right dose - I would take it back but they probably will not reimburse as they say once you take it home you cannot bring back which is frustrating. Once i told them my dog could only take pills and they said try the liquid as they made up liquid formula and sure enough went home she would not take it and i could not take it back - so now I do not leave the vets office until i have pill forms - also i have been sold expired shampoos so i check the bottles on that and I called the manufacturerere virbac once and they said you can return any of their product and the vet can send back for reimbursement as they stand behind their product

You can also call the manufacture on this drug and ask them if the dose is too high will it cause vomitting. I usually read petmeds.com for every drug to see side effects etc so check that as well.

It is best to start with lower doses and move up not just give highest dose to sell what is on your shelf that was not right at all.

Sorry you are going through this and many times they make us feel like we cannot question them and I feel intimidated that i have to take what they give me but i have learned that I will question everything now as i have learned a lot from reading and sites like this as well.
Thanks so much for the info. I did talk to the vet yesterday after Hootie vomited once and told her I thought the dose was too high and she said that she would gladly exchange for a lower dose, which she should get in soon. So, that's what I'm going to do. When I go in to exchange it, I'm going to talk to her about the vomiting. Maybe she can give them something to settle their stomach.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!