View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 05:56 AM   #1
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Confused Hootie & Hobbs are BOTH vomiting!

So, most of you know that both Hootie & Hobbs had tapeworms a couple of days ago. When I took them to the vet for the tapeworms, the vet gave them each a pill for dogs 12-26lbs bc she was out of the pill for dogs under 12lbs. She said the little extra medication wouldn't hurt them. I gave them the pill to treat the tapeworms on Monday. Monday night and all day Tuesday they were fine. Yesterday was a different story. Yesterday morning Hootie vomited. It was yellow bile so I figured she was just hungry. I gave her some food and she seemed fine. But, she vomited 3 more times yesterday while I was at work and again at 2 am this morning and again at 4am. Hootie did eat dinner last night, is playing normally, and is drinking water. Besides the vomiting, she's acting like herself.

Hobbs is also not feeling well. I think he's only vomited twice, and it was last night after he chowed down on some food. But, even after he vomited, he still ate some more dinner and held it down, which was a relief. But, he's still acting like he doesn't feel good...he shakes on and off and is not especially playful.

Neither of them ate this morning, which isn't totally unusual. They both drank water. I left them in their crate with a bowl of food AND water when I came to work this morning. When I leave for my lunchbreak, I'm going to get go get some NutriCal (I'm out) and some Pedialyte and see if that will make them feel better. Hopefully I won't go home a vomit in the crate.

Should I be especially alarmed? Do you think the medicine is causing this even though it's been TWO days since I gave it to them? Was that too much medicine to give them even though the vet said it would be ok? Do you think this is normal since they were just treated for tapeworms? Do you think this is serious enough for me to leave work and take them to the vet NOW? I'm SO broke right now after having just spent hundreds at the vet for the tapeworm deal. The LAST thing I want to have to do is take them back to the vet. But, obviously, if I really need to, I will. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry this is so long.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!