View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #17
Lorna
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breny View Post
Congrats!!!!!!!!!! They are adorable!!! How's mama doing after her c-section?
Too cute!!!!

Wow! 2 ounces!!! That sooooooooooooo small! My last were 4 oz. How big are your mom and dad?

Congrats again and so glad everyone is well and healthy!!!!
Momma and babies are doing fine! The babies are gaining 1/4 ounce a day so far. They now weight 2 1/4 ounces, except for the girl, who only weighs 2 ounces. I gave her a supplemental feeding today, but don't think she really needed it. They don't cry much, only when Savannah gets out of the crate and leaves them. I moved them to a larger crate so Savannah could get away from the heating pad, but the babies cried so much because without their eyes open and all that space, they couldn't find Savannah or their siblings. I put them back in the smaller cage and they are happier. Tomorrow I take them to get their dew claws removed and their tails docked, poor little tykes. I know they will cry loudly and that makes me feel terrible.

They sound like little kittens when they cry! Savannah weighs 6 lbs. now, but she's only supposed to weigh 4 lbs. She's a little pig! I had her on maintenance food to bring her weight down, but then we bred her, so she's on combination puppy food and adult food with a teaspoonful of cottage cheese to help her milk supply. The daddy weighs 3 lbs. so these puppies will grow up to be between 3 and 4 lbs.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!