View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
katies mom
Yorkie Talker

Default Runny nose-long but I am freaking

Hi I hope someone out there can help me. Last night my little girl was napping on the chair, I went over to say hi when I was done excersising and noticed that her face and her chest were really wet. She hadn't had anything to drink so it wasn't water. I picked her up to see if she had thrown up and layed in it, there was no vomit but it was a little wet. I put her on the floor to see how she was walking and she seemed fine, a little skittish but okay. I noticed that her nose looked really wet to me almost like it was runny.
I was watching her carefully and she wanted to play a little. A little while later I noticed her chewing on her paw and when I looked at it I noticed there was there was something almost slimey on one of her pads. I cleaned it off really good and she left it alone. She snuggled up with me and fell asleep but I kept sticking my hand near her nose to make sure she was breathing okay, which she was and put my hand on her to check her heart rate which also seemed fine.
Today she seems alright, she is drinking, eating and going potty which I also checked and no runs or blood. Her nose is a little more wet than normal but doesn't seem to be running. She's not coughing, sneezing or throwing up so I don't think she has a cold but am wondering if maybe it is allergies. I am also a little concerned about the slimey substance I found on her paw.
Has anyone experienced this with thier babies? Katie is 3 years old and has not had any health problems. Should I call the vet or see if it happens again??
katies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!