View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #1
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Love Please give a warm YT welcome to......

Our newest family member......Lily.

Lily is a 2 year old little girl who needed a good home.
She is almost 4lbs and has long black & gold hair (she hasn't changed colors like Mojo).
She is a lot different then Mojo...her hair is more silky, she has kept her color, she doesn't have a baby doll face, she is taller and seems longer, but is soooo little. She is hyper and Mojo is mellow. Mojo is mine and Lily is my daughters.
It is funny, they are total opposites. ---other than their love for Yorkie Yummies!!!!

I haven't taken her measurements yet, so when I do, be ready for some shopping from us!

Here is the story of Lily:

You probably all know the story of my search for a little female dog for my daughter. It all began sometime last year. My daughter was wanted a little companion of her own...one to dress up and such. Now, her top five picks were: black poodle, yorkie, long hair chi, papillon or pom. No luck on the black poodle so we gave up for awhile, sold all of our girl stuff and moved on, so we thought.

Well, before her birthday (April), I put an email on our homeschool email loop looking for a small female dog and gave our list of what we would like. We got responses for everything but what we were looking for....I mean like, a large male lab....hello!? We even looked in shelters for small dogs. Well, we gave up again. There were some nice dogs that we looked at, but they were either not what we wanted or way out of our price range or just something......aurgh.

We had actually decided if it was meant to be, then we would find the perfect one soon. We just continued to add that to our prayers each day.

Well, I received an email last week about a small dog. I wasn't too hopeful because I had to weed through so many before. I replied back to definitely send pictures and information and we would go from there. Imagine my surprise when it was a little Yorkie girl! They were just wanting to find a good home for her.

So, we emailed and talked on the phone every day for the whole week. This couple was younger and just recently had a baby of their own (she is about 1 year old) and the husband just acquired a job where the family travels quiet a bit. Lily had never gotten use to the baby and got depressed because she was the only one for a year and was treated like a child (birthday party, etc - you know, how I treat Mojo). They were worried about Lily...and of course, their child too. They didn't want to rehome her, but knew they would have to. They looked toward friends and family, but most friends were starting their own families too, this couples parents were missionaries so they were always traveling, etc. The lady said that they always prayed about it and then found my email (remember that post was from a long time ago...I mean months back).

We had a lot in common...Christian homeschool, love our pets more than just pets, the area they were from, the ladies mother was my daughters testing moderator, the ladies sister is my daughters age (they were in the same testing group)...etc....I mean, everything was just so ironic. We both knew that it was meant to be and that the good Lord had answered both of our prayers.

So, we met the family and picked up Lily on Tuesday (yesterday). We all cried, laughed and enjoyed each other. We all hugged when we left. The lady kept records like I do, so I got a folder full of vet receipts, AKC papers, everything. I know her complete history, where she was purchased from, any ailments, etc. We also got a box full of toys, dresses, bows, blankets, beds, you name it. The lady is even sending me all of the pictures of Lily she has (she is burning me a cd of them), so I can make her a complete scrapbook. I never got a response as to how much they wanted for Lily and all of her belongings. When we went to pick her up, I had packed up four big bags of Discovery Toys for their human baby (I use to sell for that company and had tons of inventory left). They were so happy to get those. When I offered money, they gave it back and said that they were just so happy that Lily is going to a family where she will be spoilt and given the attention she needs and deserves.

Lily went straight to my daughter. She held her in the car until she was comfortable enough to go in the car seat. We didn't buckle her in, but allowed her to lay there or look out the window or whatever she needed without being restrained. We got home and it was as if she had been there before. She just walked around and made herself right at home. She is still a little skittish today over a loud noise or something. Her and Mojo are doing okay together...Mojo isn't sure about her today, but it will take a little time.

She is sleeping in my daughters bed and she is already familiar with all of her rooms upstairs. It has been a stormy day here today and it was last night too. We were afraid she wouldn't sleep last night - new place, new smells, storm, but we never heard a peep from her. My daughter said that if there was a loud clap of thunder, Lily would lick her on the nose and snuggle a little closer to her. She is definitely a girly girl, which is perfect for my daughter. She is already attached to my daughter and follows her everywhere...much like Mojo does with me.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this crazily wonderful story.....and why we truly feel that Lily was a blessing from above. (((HUGS)))

Okay, be prepared to be bombarded w/ pictures!!!!
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!