View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #13
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lplord View Post
Hi everyone, thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I took him to the vet. He has no kidney problems, but he had a slight temp of 102. He was a little dehydrated. The vet put him on baytril and also started him with a shot of the same and a shot to keep him from throwing up. She suggested cooked hamburger and rice. He ate that and as of now, he is keeping it down and is drinking water at a normal rate. I just have to keep and eye on him and make sure he gets the water he needs. She saw nothing to alarming, but he may have picked up something in the yard, we just don't know. It was not the corn flakes and in response to DWERTEN, I gave him the pepto bismal after he threw up, the vet didn't indicate prancreatitis. I don't know those symptoms, would the show up in the blood panel? Anyway, thank you all for you good words. He is sleeping quitely now, I think he needs the rest from this ordeal. I will keep you informed as (hopefully) he recovers. Thanks again!!!
Lana
there is a special test for pancreatitis which is CPLI and it will rule it out. The lipase and amylase enzymes tend to be high as well. Vomitting and diarhea are signs of it and lethargy. Dexter did not have diarhea with his though - sounds like corn allergy though from other posts.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!