View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
adplant10
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Pad Training Help

I have a 10-week-old puppy, Bella, and I am trying to pad train her. While I am at work, she has a pen she stays in that is just big enough for her pad on one side and her blanket and food on the other. When I get home, I take her out and play with her. I keep atleast two, if not three, pee pads out for her and I keep a very close eye on her. If I see that she needs to go, I put her on the pad. She has gotten to be a smarty pants though...she will run away from me when she needs to go because she knows I am going to move her. I have read through a lot of the threads on the site, and a lot of people say to keep them confined if you are not playing with them or holding them. Well, I want to know how that is possible! If I am at home, Bella does not want to be confined! If I put her in her pen or anywhere else where she would know I was there but was not able to be with me, she would cry like a mad woman. Should I just let her cry? I have tried, but it seems as if she wouldn't ever stop. I am just really frustrated because she was doing pretty well, but for the past couple of days, she won't go on the pads!
adplant10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!