View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 05:19 PM   #12
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Marcel does the "trying to bite butt" thing too - and I can NEVER figure it out! He doesn't have a dangler or anything but something is bothering him back there - I feel so bad that I can't make it better for him (altho it isn't all the time or anything).

Wylie's issue was diagnosed as either a primary infection (ie, something broke the skin, became infected, he scratched at it) or a secondary infection (allergies caused his eye to itch, he scratched at it, became infected). Clear as mud huh? We treated if w/ antibiotics and an eye ointment.

I do think both my guys have allergies.
Did your vet stain his eye? this would have shown if the cornea was scratched, then you would have known if it was primary or secondary. Allergies can show up differently on different dogs. Some get skin infections, some get ear infections, some bite at their paws and grow gross stuff inbetween their toes, and others get conjunctivitis in their eyes. A scratch on the cornea or conjunctivitis would both need to be treated with eye meds but different ones.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!