View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Default Thankful I Wrote That Letter To My Dad

Thanks Connie for helping me to find this posting to a thread that I made on 6-19-06 I really wanted to post it on Father's Day but was unable to find it.

I am reminded of the letter I wrote to my Dad many years back, when as a child my parents divorced, I never really got to know my Dad and seldom seen him. In 1979 due to spinal fusion I was flat on my back for six weeks in the hospital, had so much time to think, I thought about him and that the life he was struggling through at that time, being an alcholic. I asked for a piece of paper and pen, I held it on my chest as I lay there and wrote him I wanted to share my love for the Lord and all that he had done for me, I told my Daddy that it wouldn't cost him anything just to give his heart to the Lord and the Lord would lead him through life in a happier way.

I didn't know until months later when my aunt called me and said, her brother, my Daddy had came to see her he had quit drinking and was living such a happy life. Later I got a call telling me he had cancer of the throat and had surgery, I got to talk to him but he had to speak through something to help others to understand what he was saying, we didn't get to talk but briefly and he said to me, "thank you for your letter, it helped to change my life and I know God has a plan for me, I love you." My Daddy passed away shortly after that.

I am so thankful that I wrote that letter, yes, the fusion was a living nightmare but I would have gladly gone through everything all over again because with God placing me there on my back, he enabled me to think and to write the letter to my Daddy.

In closing I would like to add if there is anyone that reads this and is in such a sitation to where maybe a letter to your Dad may help, all I can say is I am so thankful I wrote that to my Dad.

I truely want to wish all Dad's out there a wonderful Fathers Day. To ones that Dad's have gone on to a better place, hugs to each of you.

Patti

Last edited by Baby Blessing; 06-19-2007 at 11:38 AM. Reason: correction
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!