View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 05:57 AM   #6
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Thanks everyone for your responses. Roxy is 2.5 years old. Over the winter she had dry skin. She also had really really bad red tearing. I bought Eqyess Med. Shampoo cause I read it on here. I bathed her a few times with it (every 2 weeks) and I would use it to try to get those red tear stains to go away. Well, it wasn't working, in fact it seemed to make her dry skin worse, and now she has started to itch a lot.

So that's when I started with the Raw Food. And I bought a sensitive skin shampoo from Espree. Then the pimples began, and more itching.

I started to give her 1/2 of a fish oil capsule. I bought Organic Virgin Unrefined Coconut oil. Then to the Vet and got the Clavomox. And all that I wrote from above.

So, I did a little searching last night online and I think that the Eqyess shampoo was really bad. It has Sodium Laurel Sulfate, which I read can cause more skin problems.

I am going to get some Grapefruit Seed Extract today which I have been reading is an excellent anti-bacterial soultion, and I am going to add a drop to another all natural shampoo I bought Wholistic Heavenly Herbal Pet Shampoo (contains no Sodium Laurel Sulfate).

Lastnight, I dipped a q-tip in Tea Tree Oil and then I let in sit in a small cup of water. I dabbed this soultion on every single red spot or pimple I could find on Roxy. This morning, the spots were a lot better. I had to put a tiny bit more on only 2 - they seemed to have been more at a pus pimple stage. She was still itching this morning, so I did give her the hydrozyzine pill.

Yorkiemalt, I was thinking the same thing. I do have Roxy scheduled for surgery next Weds., but I want Dr. Hinton to examine Roxy and I want to show her the pimples and explain that the Clavomox didn't work, and it made her sick as well. I want to see if a Derm. can see her and I will suggest the Simplecef that dwerten recommended in her posts.

And than lastly, I think I will suggest we postpone her LP surgery. I don't want to take any changes, and being that she had a big flare up lastnight when I got home worries me. I'd rather try to keep her cleaned up and to try another round of antibiotics and see if we can get her immune system to a better place than it is right now and then do surgery.

I will let you all know what happens tonight. I have a 4 pm appt. I probably won't be able to get back on here until about 7 or 8 pm.

Last edited by TLC; 06-19-2007 at 06:00 AM.
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!