View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 04:22 AM   #7
diggy4
Bella Boo & Diggy Too!
Donating GS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
Just curious why the pepto before the corn flakes? Has he always had stomach problems?

I am so against any treats or anything other than dog food as my yorkie was fine for 2 years and we did the treat thing and he got pancreatitis of which yorkies are prone too. The first thing vet said did you give treats and we said yes. The vet was like you should not give treats for this reason. We have 3 dogs and dexter was the only one who got it but it was severe and he almost died. Now he has inflammatory bowel disease because of it. These little ones have real sensitive stomachs so if you get it under control be very cautious

High protein, high fatty treats can be deadly to these little guys. The worst culprit is pupperonis per the internal medicine doctor and vets. We gave ours the Real Meat treats venison, fish and venison and lamb - high end treats and we think that may have done it.

Also potato based foods many dogs cannot tolerate which makes them throw up as dexter cannot eat them and goes into bouts of vomitting.

For his tummy we now use pepcid (fammotidine) to calm stomache acids and when real bad metaclopramide to stop the nausea which a vet will instruct on this. Also, we restrict food for the day the vomitting happens and leave water out. If they will not drink water I use ice cubes for him to lick.

Hope this helps
can these said treats CAUSE pancreacritis or just agitate what is already there?? Im currious because I give my babies pupperoni now Im freakin
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!