View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Default Angel is Having Post-Spay Problems

Well, Angel had to go back to the vet today (her spay was Thursday last week). I had three back-to-back classes at 3 different locations this morning, so I put her in the bathroom in her chair which is where I found her when I returned. She had her breakfast and pain meds this morning and I had put her in a onesie before I left. When I returned home, she was still in her chair, shaking quite a bit. I took off the onesie so she could potty and it was pretty wet with bloody seepage from her incision.

The only real "acvitity" she had has was last night before dinner. My daughter and her boyfriend came over and Angel ran out the back door. My hubby was outside so I told him to get her and put her in the x-pen so she could potty. A minute or two later, I went outside to get her and she wasn't in the x-pen. He let her run around (she literally tears through the yard) and behind the garage we have some branches that need to go the curb on the appropriate day. Well she took off and ran through the branches as well. When we finally got her, her incision was slightly bleeding. So, she was wrapped in her blanket and being held the rest of the evening and she slept with me last night and didn't move.

When I took her to the vet, I explained that she isn't feeling well as she will just lay in my arms as long as she is wrapped in a blanket. She isn't trying to get down and is basically sleeping alot - which is not at all typical. The pain meds shouldn't be knocking her out like that.

Of course, she has a fluid bubble under the incision - from too much activity. She now has an E-collar on and I have been told to crate her. Since he has never been in a crate, I'm not starting now. I guess I'll be holding her for the next two days and hope she has healed alot more by Wednesday night when I'm heading out of town for work. I guess the hubby is just going to have to be a little more diligent and Angel must be in the bathroom alone while he is at work. She has also been put on Clavamox.

Please send us your well wishes and prayers that she recovers completely.....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!