View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #14
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Hi Rylie's mom. I'm so sorry about your little guy. I cannot help you with what may be wrong with him but I can give you some suggestions regarding $$ from the breeder. Let me first say that where you got him sounds more like a small scale puppymill. 30 different pups is a lot of pups for a reputable breeder to have. The second clue is 9 weeks. Most and I say most reputable breeders will not let their pups go that young. Some will but most of them won't. General rule is 12 weeks or at best 10 weeks or so. The first thing I would do is contact someone in your area "Better Business Beaur" is the best I can think of and ask them about Puppy Lemon Laws in your state. I live in NJ and I know in NJ the breeder, petstore etc. has to refund you vet bills up to the price of your dog. They cannot force you to return him back for a refund although some will try to. I would contact the breeder right away and let them know he is sick. The other thing is since he came from a place with a large amount of dogs have they checked him for parvo? In so far as Liver Shunt a simple bile acid test will rule that out or confirm that. I really hope your little guy pulls through and I'm sorry for you and for him. Best of luck. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!