View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Omg Hootie & Hobbs have tapeworms!

Well, I kept noticing rice-looking stuff in our bed but hubby and I both concluded that it was just something in the yard that H&H were tracking in. I've been seeing the stuff for about 3 weeks now. Well, I had to take Hobbs to the vet today, so out of curiousity I gathered the "rice" from our bed this morning and took it to the vet with us. She told me it was pieces of tapeworms! I'm so disgusted. I'm totally and completely grossed out. She gave them this new heartworm pill that also kills tapeworms and said the worms should be gone within 2 weeks and shouldn't come back since I'll be giving them a monthly preventative.

Anyone else experienced this? I cannot WAIT to get home tonight and really deep clean our home and bleach our sheets. YUCK!

The saddest part is is that my hubby is so grossed out by this that he said Hootie & Hobbs are banned from the bed "indefinately," or at least until their worms are completely cleared up. H&H are going to be so devasted. They've slept in the bed with us since the day we brought them home. There hasn't been a single night their whole entire lives that they've slept anywhere other than our bed. It's going to be a sad night. I'm going to put their wire crate on my nightstand. Hopefully they won't be too bummed out.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!