View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #6
daniellealberta
Senior Yorkie Talker

Wet food obviously contains more moisture, so her fluid intake increases when she eats wet food, leading to more urine. As far as the dry food goes. Dogs are weird. Spike has never gone crazy for dry food (he eats Nutrience puppy formula) - he'll eat a little, but he never goes crazy for it like he does for the wet food. I really cut back on Spike's treats when I saw he wasn't eating very much dry, and it helped a little, because let's face it - they need to eat their dry food in order to get the proper nutrition, and they have such small stomachs that one extra treat can make a big difference in their appetites.

It's strange though, because he loves his dry food when I hand feed it to him one kibble at a time - you might want to consider this option. Once I realized this, I started using his kibble as a reward when I do his obedience training, rather than treats. He does just as well with his kibble reward as he does with treats, and this way I know what he's eating is more nutritious.
daniellealberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!