View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
set1958
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Bloody Diarrhea Please Help

My Lil' Girl had a formed bowel movement followed by loose stool with mucous and about a 1/2 teaspoon of red blood. I took her and the stool sample to a vet, not her vet and he said she had hookworms. They gave her a yellow dewormer and the antibiotic Clindamycin. She delivered puppies 5 months ago and she was worm free. The same vet said the puppies had hookworms at 12 weeks and treated them with one dose of this yellow dewormer. They were very healthy and did not appear sick at all.
I called the emergency vet tech tonight regarding giving Lil' Girl tagamet for her tummy and they told me that hookworms are treated with panacur which is a white suspension not yellow. They suggested that I call a different vet in the AM. I am freaking out because I know hookworms can be contagious to humans as well as my other dogs. Does anyone know what color the dewormer is for hookworms? I kept one of her puppies and she just had a loose stool, but she was given the yellow puppy dewormer yesterday by our vet. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
set1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!