Thread: Tatum....AGAIN
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Cry Tatum....AGAIN

Sorry guys, this is going to be really LONG...it's going to take a while to explain everything.

As some of you may know from the thread I started, Tatum had a tooth fall out last week. Well, on Tuesday of this week my husband and I went out to pick up something for lunch (we were gone all of 20-25 minutes) and when we came back home we noticed right away that little Tatum's face was SO PUFFY and swollen. Her right eye was almost swollen shut and she literally looked like she had little Chipmunk cheeks because they were so puffy It looked cute no doubt, but it scared me half to DEATH! I just cannot figure out what could of happened in the 20-25 minutes that we were gone....it was the WEIRDEST thing! Anyway, I gave her some Benadryl and the swelling started going down within 20 minutes or so and she was fine. I would have taken her to the vet but she was acting 100% normal (begging for food, running, jumping, bright pink healthy gums, etc.) so we thought that we would try the Benadryl first and thank God it did the trick and she was ok.

However, the next day I noticed that she wasn't eating and I picked her up and her little stomach was growling like crazy! I tried to offer her food and she wouldn't take it. Then I gave her a teeny tiny little soft chewy treat and she took it, but she was only chewing it on the left side of her mouth (she wouldn't chew on the right side AT ALL) and normally it takes her all of a split second to wolf down a treat...and she was literally chewing on it for 20 minutes and STILL hadn't eaten it (mind you this treat was teeny tiny). So then, I decided that OBVIOUSLY shes teething and her mouth is hurting her. So I went and bought her some canned food, plain yogurt, cottage cheese, and even canned pumpkin....just anything soft to try and get her to eat. Well, she ate some but not a whole lot. Her ears were getting floppy again like they were when we got bit by all the ants and I just knew that she wasn't feeling good so I called the vet and made an appointment to bring her in that same day (this was Wednesday, so just 2 days ago).

We went in and he looked at her and said that her adult teeth have started to come in, but her baby teeth are of course still in there and the adult teeth are probably just pushing on them and it's hurting her. So, I asked him to PLEASE give her some pain meds because I cannot stand to see her like this when I know shes hurting and there is absolutely nothing that I can do about it. And the poor baby...I KNOW she's hungry because I can hear her little stomach growling and she will walk over to her food bowl and just look at it and then slowly walk away She WANTS to eat it but she just can't. Oh my goodness, it TOTALLY BREAKS MY HEART.

So anyway, she has been on soft foods (I have been hand feeding her with a spoon) and our vet also gave her some pain meds - but she can only have it once a day for 3 days as it is VERY strong and HIGHLY concentrated. He said that these pain meds should keep her pain level down for about a week, and if after a week she is still acting like she is in pain and she is not able to eat her hard food, then we need to bring her in and have some teeth pulled I just don't know what to do though because she really does need to be spayed at the same time that she is having her teeth pulled so that we can get it all done in one shot - however, the last time I took her to the vet (not a couple of days ago, but the time before that) our vet said that he didn't want to spay her until she was around 9 months of age due to her size...and right now she is only 7 months.

Granted, the vet that we saw a couple of days ago when we took her in was a NEW vet that just started working up at our regular vets office a couple of weeks ago (this new vet just helps out our regular vet because our regular vet stays so busy), so I don't know what to do. I guess I will just have to talk to our regular vet and see what he says. I just feel SO BAD for my little girl and I absolutely HATE that she is in pain, it just kills me! Yesterday it seemed like she was doing a little better but now today she isn't doing so great She has turned down EVERY single thing I have offered her so far and hasn't eaten a single thing all day long and it is 3:00 p.m. here. She gets her pain meds in 30 minutes so I am going to give that a while to kick in and if she still won't eat then I am just going to have to syringe feed her and give her some Nutri-Cal, which she has been getting anyway since she hasn't been eating hardly anything at all.

I tell you, this little girl scares me so bad! She DOES NOT need to lose anymore weight, she is tiny enough as it is! And I know that my poor little girl is hungry because I can HEAR her stomach just growling away She will just stand there and watch Stedman eat his food and I swear it makes me want to cry I know shes hungry and she wants to eat but she just can't because it hurts her Her poor little ears are flopped all the way down and she just isn't feeling well AT ALL.

This little girl has given me SO MANY scares I swear. Lately it just seems like it is one thing after another Please say a prayer for her and pray that she starts feeling better and that she starts EATING. She is in my lap right now and is just so "out of it"......

I am going to go get her pain meds ready and then try and feed her

All of your prayers really are greatly appreciated...

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!