View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 10:52 PM   #5
SJK1113
No Longer a Member

I never crate trained Jake because I never really had to. He was very easy to potty train with full roam of the house, but that's because he has had constant supervision. I work, but my hubby and I work different shifts so someone is always home with him.

I brought Jake home in a crate, and I use it to take him to the vet or anytime I'm doing the driving and don't have anyone with me in the car. He really likes his crate alot. I think he feels safer in it, especially in a moving car. I can tell you what I did to get him used to his crate and to think it's a good place to be. From the time I got him, I've kept the crate in whatever room we are in and leave the door open. It has a fleece bed in it, and some of his toys. He will often go in the crate for naps on his own, and he will take whatever toys he wants with him. Everytime I see him go in the crate, I give him a treat. I have no problem getting him to get into the crate when I take him somewhere.

Your dogs might have been scared because they heard the vacuum cleaner. I would try keeping their crates in the same room you're in at first so that they can see you. Once they get used to it, they will probably like it. good luck!
SJK1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!