View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
MeganS
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

This is an awesome thread. I have had so many teachers that I just loved!

Firstly, my 3rd grade teacher, Miss Poulsen. I was a brat to her the first time I met her, because she took my favorite teacher's spot. haha. But she was the nicest person. She helped me through some harder times, like when my dog was hit by a car and when my Grandma died. She was so funny and taught me a lot.

Then there was my 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Dunn. I had been hoping to get her as a teacher, and when I found out I was in her class I flipped out lol. 6th grade was one of my favorite years (so far). Mrs. Dunn got me very interested in Egypt, because she is very into it's history and we always did projects on it. She's also the first teacher who got me writing a lot, which is now one of my favorite things to do. She was right out of college, so she was more...I don't know....she was just a lot cooler than some of the older teachers haha. Her husband was transferred to Puerto Rico for 2 years. I remember the day she told us she wouldnt be back the next year. It was the day before Mother's Day, so we were supposed to be working on a project for our moms. but when she broke the news, everyone started crying. so we did nothing all day because we were busy crying. lol. and then the last day was even worse, because she'd be leaving the next day. When her husband came to get her at the last day we told him Mrs. Dunn wasn't there and he should just leave. When we finally let him in he was like "I told you they wouldn't like me. I'm taking you away from them." She's back now. I haven't seen her though, as she doesn't work at the school anymore. We still keep in touch through email.

and...wow I hope no one minds how many teachers I'm talking about haha. My current Math teacher Mrs. Kosko. I had her for math last year too. Math is my least favorite subject, but she always tells me to try my hardest. I'm still not good at it, and my grades aren't that great, but I'm doing a lot better than I would if I had a teacher that wasn't so supportive.

and finally Mr. Moglia, my social studies teacher. He's just....amazing. He's been teaching at my school for 20+ years, but he didn't turn crabby like most people would after that time. When I first came to this school in 4th grade, I was terrified of him. In fact, I avoided him like the plauge until this year when I found out he was one of my teachers. Then after I got to know him I realized how nice he is. He is the funniest man I've ever met (sorry, Mike). He and I have the exact same sense of humor - very sarcastic. History has become one of my favorite subjects. I look forward to his class every day. I remember the best quarter ever was when I had him as my homeroom teacher, and then as my social studies teacher during last period. I got to begin and end my day in his class - it was wonderful. I think out of all my teachers, I'll miss him the most (because this is it. after Monday, I'm officially a high schooler ).

All Gave Some; Some Gave All
MeganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!