View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
Bnot
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Leaving for 5 days in August

This really scares me. Flying to Austin this August, and no way can I afford to fly both my babies with me. I usually drive, but due to Carpal Tunnel (wrist) Cubital Tunnel (elbow), arthritis and tendonitis....I know driving 10 hours is way out of the question.

And its my Mom's 94th birthday. So can't miss that.

I've had several offers to keep both my dogs for free....but none I feel I can trust with them. One works at Petsmart. Really sounded good till she said "I can take them to work everyday with me, let them socialize". I'm kinda picky bout what dogs mine socialize with, cause don't want them coming home with anything they don't already have. And be my luck, someone there want to give them a haircut....and shave them. Heard too many stories about that place.

And one girl, I feel is tustworthy charges 10 bucks a day each. Will probably leave them with her. I knew her from church years ago, she's in her 50's, and very trustworthy. She asked me to fill out a sheet of paper on both, wants the vets #'s, wants me to leave an article of my dirty clothes for them, lol. She seems pretty picky about how she treats them too. Keeps them inside, in a "home atmosphere".

Forget relatives. I have 2 sisters, one already has 4 dogs. Last time my 2 were over there, one was mean to Adonis, so I don't take them back with me. Other I wouldn't trust, period! Neices and nephews are both flaky...

If I were driving, they'd both go with me. Adonis has made that trip many times with me. Venus, well, looks like she'll never get to make it with me.

Burns my butt up, they want amost as much to fly the dogs as they do me! And then they count as "one" of your carry ons....just isn't fair....not like they would take a seat or anything.

So far, thats all I found. Just one person I know I can trust.

Looks like my trip this time, flying will cost a fortune by the time I board the dogs, and leave my car at an airport.
Bnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!