Thread: Benadryl Dosage
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #12
sadiesamie
YT 500 Club Member

Default allergy med...

My lil yorkie has bad allergies too. she even gets like a clear like gel that forms in her little eyes. (hate to say snot,,:-) but it is like similar to that. :-) I have to take a Qtip to her eyes each morning and again in the evening. Benedyrl is 1 mg pound. But- the vet put our dog on Chlorpheniramine 4mg tabs. they are small yellow pills. Trust me i was so........ nervous to give this to my little girl. but OMG amazing difference! I give her 1/2 tablet 2x's a day. we started off with 1/4 tablet 2x's a day but it wasn't enough. You want to make sure that you DO NOT give benedryl while on the Chlorpheniramine. you will overdose. talk to you Vet about this med. I PROMISE IT WILL MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE FOR YOUR LIL DOG! :-) LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU. we started with benedyrl but after about 3 mos or so it just wasn't working anymore. Our little one has kidney problems too :-( and this is safe for her. there are other allergie meds too your vet can tell you about. our vet said they have several types but this worked great. hope you try it. :-) I am one heck of a worry wart when it comes to my girls let me tell ya... i am getting better though. it's just that they are such small dogs. I have been told having a small yorkie with allergies is stressful on us. boy aint that the truth. :-)
sadiesamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!