View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

Sun A tribute to teachers....

After reading the post by SimonandHallie about her students and their green building project, I started thinking about all of my teachers and how each one left a fingerprint on me... The math teacher that really did ruin the subject for me with his droning voice and the English teacher that got me excited about reading in the first grade because she read with such excitement, emotion, and infliction in her voice that when I started reading I actually heard her voice in my head! To this day when I read in my head, its at her pace with her voice and rhythm! Funny huh?

But the best of all was my fifth grade science teacher! Mr. Bohan!!!! For starters... I had a huge crush on him... And not because he was super dreamy. He was a good looking guy, not hot or anything, but ok. but the reason I sat and stared and clung to every word he said was..... because he was sooooo smart! And everything he said was so interesting! And he was just so darned excited about everything he was telling me! Yes, he directed each and every lesson at me! (at least that's what I thought, or liked to believe! ) I never learned so much or was so excited about learning! His demonstrations were wild and his passion was obvious, he LOVED his job! It showed in every assignment he gave out and every pop quiz he gave... Mostly oral, cause he wanted to participate! lol He was the best!!!! Science was never so exciting and to this day I can't help but stop on a web page or TV show and think about how he could have presented it better! lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!