Thread: Feeding Times
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 09:22 AM   #7
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveemmy View Post
Our clock goes off at 5:15 every morning. About 2 months ago, Emmy started trying to wake us up at 4:30! I fell for it for a few days, and then thought...WAIT...I can be in charge here (ha!). I refused to get up after a few day; we just laid in the bed and snuggled. She got better, would even drift back off and snooze a little longer. Now she is back sleeping until 5:14...every morning; she wakes me up right before the clock goes off...Funny! Little Oscar sleeps right through the night and I think would sleep in if Emmy would let him.

BTW...as soon as we are all up, puppy pee and poop taken care of, pups fed, coffee poured, and hubby out the door...Emmy CRAWLS BACK IN THE BED--and goes to sleep! I think she knows that I can't go back to sleep after getting up. She even acts ticked off if I try to make up the bed!

Hmmmm.....I've tried doing that, but I guess I'm just annoyed that he only does it when dh is home b/c he knows, like Ana Banana said, he's training us. I know that tactic only too well from my cockatoos, and I swore I wouldn't go there AGAIN!!! I like your idea Itspuppyluv, of getting up (I just can't ignore his woofiing, b/c if I do, my dh will get up and feed him, which defeats the whole purpose ), but not feeding him til the normal time. I'm going to have to try that! Thank you!

Max is 2 yrs. 4 months; I normally feed him his canned food at 5 pm and a little later, I put his dry food down and he can eat what he wants. He doesn't have any physical problems (other than a previous bout with pancreatitis), but a lot of times I forget to take him out just before we go to bed, mainly b/c I usually leave the door open in the evening and I guess I just assume he'll go if he needs to. Maybe that's the answer to that issue. I need to TAKE him out just before we go to bed. I really don't mind for some reason, getting up to take him out in the middle of the night (and I HAVE to go out WITH him, or he'll just stand at the door), but it would be better if he didn't get up in the middle of the night. He would NEVER go on a peepad; in fact, he wouldn't have a clue what it was. If he does get up in the middle of the night and I DON"T get up and he HAS to go (the interesting thing to me is, that he never ever pees in the house), but he'll poop in one place. I don't mind that to tell you the truth, b/c it's always in the same place basically, and his poop is very dry b/c of his diet, so it's not a mess to clean up. He doesn't do it very often, but I know it's always a possibility!

And Iloveemmy~ yep, Max inhales his breakfast, immediately runs out to poop and pee, and then he comes right back to bed with me and goes sound asleep! I can't really get mad at him; just wish he'd stop this routine! I'm going to take your suggestions; thank you ALL so much! I know I SHOULD get up at 4, but I just really hate that, LOL.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!