View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 05:38 AM   #7
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
I was feeding NV - 1 medalion for AM and 1 for PM (both for Roxy and TJ).
Then I went on a search to find a premade raw frozen that I felt more comfortable with. Not that I don't like NV, it's just that with all the recalls and all the garbage that the "pet food" industry puts into their products, I just have it in the back on my mind, 'do I really know what's in NV?'

I found this site:
www.morigins.com

I spoke with my local distributor for morigins and they feed their dogs it and they love it. They told me that the woman who makes it is very pasionate and very careful. She will not 'overload' distributors because she wants to make sure her product is fresh and not sitting frozen for long, long periods of time.

Anyway, I spoke with the maker as well. She will answer any questions for you at any time.

I buy a 2.5 lbs 'log' of it, it has to defrost a little bit so that you can cut it up and put into smaller freezer bags. I can get 48 pieces out of that log. I cut the pieces to mimick the NV medalions, and I weigh the pieces too. Roxy and TJ get approx. 2% of their weight a day. I still split it 1 AM and 1 PM. They LOVE it. I feed it almost frozen. I take the baggie out of the freezer and let it sit on the granite counter top for about 5 minutes, then I slice it up into tiny pieces, this way the have to chew up the frozen bit and it cleans their teeth too!

For me a 2.5 lb log (cut into 48 pieces) costs me $10.75 - It lasts 12 days for 2 dogs. So, 1 month costs me approx. $27 to feed 2 dogs daily.
I read the analysis for both morigins and NV and the morigins has 17% fat where NV has 8% in their beef flavor and 6% in their chicken/turkey flavor. Isn't 17% kind of high for a Yorkie?
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!