View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
shireyak
YT Addict

Do you have more than one baby? I have a Yorkie rescue, about 31/2 years, who had never seen a toy, edible bone, raw carrot or cooked veg's for a small snack and it was only my just turned 3 year old that turned him around. It took about 3 months for him to show any interest in toys AT ALL. My female has dozens of toys and knows them by name. Now, he plays just as much if not more than she does with them, they play together with them and he is now notorious for stealing the toys and jumping up to a chair that Gracie is afraid of and stashes them there. It's a hoot. I'm sure if you supply lots of toys, squeeky ones lured him first and keep trying to play with him, he WILL play. I always get up early enough to walk and then have 15 minutes in the morning dedicated to toy play with them, and then long walks and at least an hour of play with them in the evening. It becomes a ritual. Yorkies are very ritual oriented furbabies and count on play time and healthy snack time. Good Luck, but get involved and don't relent!!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!