View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 08:55 AM   #7
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
It is interesting to see an article about a pit bull being attacked rather than being the attacker! I bet he was brought up in a loving family and had no idea about how to fight back! I think the owner of the rotts has some explaining to do! This is so upsetting.

V, I'd like to see the article you mentioned please. Thanks.
Lou
I bet you're right ..I know they aren't all vicious but they do still scare me ....I hope his dog will be ok

and here's the article on the Raid. This happened in NW Houston - the part that got me Sick was the Poles they use to train these poor dogs... I know just where I want to stick one

Dozens of pit bulls allegedly used for fighting
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

45 pit bulls found at compound
Officials suspect that the dogs were being bred to fight - 45 pit bulls seized Saying there was "little doubt" that the dogs in question were being bred to fight and kill, authorities seized 45 pit bulls Monday afternoon in northwest Houston.

"No one person can maintain this many dogs — they were all infested with fleas, dehydrated," said Harris County Precinct 6 Lt. Mark Timmers. But Marcus Bradley, the dogs' owner, said the pit bulls were his pets. He denied using them for fighting at the compound in the 1000 block of St. Clair, next to his mother's home.

"I bred them, took care of them like kids," said Bradley, 33, after the dogs were seized. "I gave them names, took care of them every day. I even bring my kids in to help feed them sometimes." The scars on the dogs told a different story. "The dogs have scars indicative of fighting — scars on their muzzles, across the bridges of their noses, and the front of their legs. Some of the dogs have been branded with the letter 'M,' " said Houston Humane Society spokeswoman Courtney Clark.

Heavy chains — evidence that the dogs were being trained to fight — were also found. The chains, used to strengthen the neck muscles of fighting dogs, were found attached to buried tire axles on the property. "We're talking about 500 pounds of chains," Timmers said. Investigators also found a giant spring hanging from a tree that is used to strengthen a dog's jaw muscles.

"They attach the dog to the spring, hanging, and will leave it hanging there for hours to strengthen its jaws," Timmers said.

The device, called a "spring pole," was taken into custody as evidence. The dogs were "not on the brink of starvation, but underfed," Clark said. "It's a very sad scene. These are not pets," Clark said. "There's no one who spends their time with these animals, no one who interacts with them." The dogs were seized under an emergency civil order but criminal charges could be filed.

"It's illegal to own or train an animal for the purposes of fighting and is illegal to have more than three dogs at a premises without a license within the city of Houston," Clark said.

Bradley received nearly 100 misdemeanor citations ranging from $250 to $2500, authorities said.

Last edited by red98vett; 06-13-2007 at 08:56 AM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!