View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #6
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Default Dumb Law Passed In Our Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
I thought that bill had already passed since Patti had to have her Baby Blessing spayed and she had no choice in the matter. Maybe that was just a city thing?

It reminds me of communism. I think that should be a choice made by the owner or breeder!
Someone emailed us this thread, we strongly resent this law being put into being.

We are within the Los Angeles Unincorporated area here in Southern Calif. this MANDATORY SPAY/NEUTER LAW AND MICRO-CHIP LAW DID PASS IN OUR AREA.This law also has been put into effect in many many communities and cities through out the State Of California.

I hope people will realize across our great country exactly what this new law is doing, it will not stop the stray dogs/cats, nor is it going to cut back on those within the animal shelters. We are seeing just the opposite, people that were always responsable now becoming irresponsable because of this new law put into effect. Some people that have always licensed there pets and saw to the neccessary shots, are not taking their dogs for shots, and we have been told many times over by individuals they will lie and say they don't have a dog. How sad is this, what is this law doing, besides taking away the pets right and ours, but also creating people to be a lier.

I didn't mind paying the large amount last year to get Baby Blessing's license, but I definately resent this year that we had to have her spayed. This was not our choice to do so and we was made to do it. Yes there was a few exemptions but they were written in such a way that hardly any one would qualify to get exempt from this new law.

I pray that there are still those in office in California to give the rights to the people, let the people decide through election at the polls, not a group of individuals putting such a law through. Are those elected to office forgetting who put them there?????? I urge people in this state to look see who is passing these laws and come election time VOTE EACH ONE OUT THAT PASSED THIS BILL, I am proud to be and American and I stand for what this country is based on FREEDOM OF CHOICE, you might say I am upset by this, yes I am because not only this law passed but we are aware of others and we see what is happeing and don't want our Great USA to go in the direction of DICTATORSHIP.

I have heard a lot of people say, oh we don't have a pet so it don't matter to me, well maybe so for them but there is a heck of a lot of us that do care and it is those that stand up for what is good and right that makes this country one to be proud of.

I also couldn't believe it today as I went to get Baby Blessing's license, I gave the animal control her micro-chip cetificate last year, NO DOCUMENTATION OF IT IN THE SYSTEM of her being micro chip that too is the law and carries high fine also, so I had a copy from the vet showed it and would you believe the clerk still didn't document it. I then told them what is going to happen if it isn't in the system, reply back was that we would be fined. I filled out another form for the micro chip returned it to the clerk, hopefully now it is in the system. What is this new law about............MONEY, MONEY FOR WHO??????? POLITICIANS FOR MORE RAISES????????

Sorry this is so long but I needed to get my frustrations out and yes my concern as well. Another reason am upset, someone came in with a skunk while I was in the office and it sprayed everywhere then the employee comes out with a spray and trys to defume the air, spraying every direction, not really taking into consideration of using it with us all in there, GRRRRRRRRRRR. I got the heck out of there as quick as I could finished filling out the micro-chip form and took it back. So here I am unloading, thanks to each of you for taking the time to read this and if you agree please speak up don't hold back, this law has been put into effect in many cities through out the USA not just here. We love all animals and our heart breaks for those being put down at the animal shelters but those in most cases, they are not from people that got them as pets and loved and cared for them they are mostly from uncaring, unresponsable individuals. All in all, we are not of young age but we are going to speak up and speak out on for what we believe in and also on the basis of what our great country was founded on. Big Brother quit taking our rights away. The morning I left Baby Blessing to be spayed I went directly to the Los Angeles County Supervisors office and let known my feelings, believe me it isn't stopping there or here. Thanks to the person that emailed this thread to us, what I have said here needed to be said maybe it will help others to be more aware what has happened to us and others as well as our pets.
Patti and Jack
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!