View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 12:03 PM   #10
Passionfruition
Proud of my Sully!
Donating Member

Love

I fit into this category! GREAT THREAD IDEA!

To be honest, this is one of the main reasons that we got a yorkie to begin with. When my hubby and I first got married, we moved into a new city. Once our house was organized and the "newness" started wearing off, I began to get lonely.

(It took me 6 months into our marriage to even find a job....and Lord knows I tried.) Anyway, we adopted Sully after we had been married 9 months and he was everything I wanted and tons more.

I was lonely, and needed a companion. I needed a friend. I needed someone who needed me. I needed someone to nurture and take care of. I wanted to feel appreciated. Getting a yorkie to fill these gaps in my life was one of the best things I've ever done.

Don't get me wrong, I love my husband. He is the best companion and friend I could ever ask for! I love him and enjoy taking care of him, and yes, most of the time I do feel appreciated by him. (I know I am but sometimes men don't always show it, you know.)

I hope one day to have kids...maybe in about 5 years? Many MANY of my friends have children or are pregnant now...and I'm just not ready to give up the life I have. I really love my life with it just being my husband, Sully, me and my cat Penny. I enjoy my freedom and my lifestyle.

I really do feel that having a yorkie satisfies my maternal instinct, for now....and yes, I do feel that I will be able to put off having children longer because of yorkie(s)!

My hubby and I BOTH love our yorkie ....actually my HUSBAND was the opne to insist on getting a yorkie in the 1st place. Hybby is just begging to get another one! I'm anxious too but we both know we must wait until after our move, after we get settled in and all in our new home, city, etc (we're moving in mid august) - then we'll start looking for a new four-legged addition to our family!

......aaaaaand in maybe a few years after that, we'll start thinking about having children of our own, but for now, we just want lots of yorkies!! When we do have children, though, we know that Sully will be excited to have a new "sibling".

(My aunt and uncle who have a yorkie just had a child two years ago....they call her their 2nd child - and their yorkie their 1st! Haha!)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!