View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 05:12 PM   #11
PCMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi I'm Pepper's Mom. Everyday Pepper lives with what greed does. He has a serious Neurological illness that is crippling him. When I first brought him home at 4 months old I was told that he wouldn't make it to his first birthday, as my sister of the heart, Villette, said Pep just turned 3 years old. When I read the Survivors Stories the same thing hit me...every pup on that page was a lucky one! If even only for a moment in time they were loved. I couldn't stop crying because all I could think of was the number of pups in puppymills and with backyard breeders who are NEVER going to know one second of love! I am blessed because I have had Pepper for almost 3 years, he knows he is loved and very much cherished but our time together is almost over. He is very sick now and I know his life isn't much fun anymore. since the first day I brought him home I have been trying to get the word out there about puppymills, puppy brokers and petstores. Since Pepper was "defective" the petstore where I bought him got a replacement puppy and then they got another puppy to replace him when I went back and bought him back (LONG STORY) so because I purchased a puppy from a petstore 2 other puppies were doomed. I didn't know any better at the time but that is no excuse, I should have found out where all those cute little puppies came from. After a lot of looking I found Peppers breeder and after a LOT of harsh words back and forth she sent me pictures of Pepper's parents. My heart broke. I have never seen such sad, sick and depressed yorkies in my life! When I explained that Peppers illness is hereditary she promised that she would retire his MOM. She never said anything about Dad or siblings...all of whom most likely have this illness. She will keep breeding them and she will keep putting out heartbreak...and there is nothing I can do to stop it except tell anyone who will listen Pepper's story! I was so honored that the HSUS included my baby on their site! Please sign the pledge...if we all band together we can stop this! I can't save Pepper...it was too late to save him the minute he was born...but maybe I can save just one puppy from living in this hell and one family from daily heartbreak watching the pup they love struggle just to take a step, eat a bite, drink a bit of water or just be normal. Pepper used to be very aware and alert, now he doesn't know what is happening sometimes and he gets so scared. He doesn't know who I am sometimes. All I can do is hold him and tell him how much I love him and that I will keep him safe. All of this because a breeder and a broker would get $1600 for his life.

Sorry to be so long winded. I know what puppymills cause and i want to save everyone else from finding out first hand.

Again, PLEASE SIGN THE PLEDGE!!!!! It is such a small thing to do to save a life!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!