View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #1
makemepretty
YT 500 Club Member

Default Paypal warning and purchasing yorkies

I didn't know where to post this but wanted to issue a warning. Paypal does not offer protection to buyers if you purchase anywhere OTHER than ebay. I'm going through a horrible thing with a breeder who still owes me a LOT of money and she has the puppy and my money. Paypal said because the transaction occurred off of ebay they do not offer any buyer protection for it. While I can dispute some of it through my credit card $1,000 of my money came directly from my paypal account(because of a technicality where she asked me to send it to a different e-mail and the original funds where just deposited into my paypal account).

I know a lot of breeders accept paypal as payment and I thought it was secure to use. It's NOT. If you use paypal do a direct transfer from your credit card, not your bank account or your paypal account. I'll probably never see my money and filing fraud charges isn't going to get my money back. This whole thing has been a nightmare but hopefully it'll save some other yorkie talkers.
makemepretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!