View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #9
Saleswman
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Smile Similar

Paxil is an SSRI which is a Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitor....., it has been so long since I sold into this market....gosh, I have taken these once or twice and absolutely vomit my guts out......did not have tingling though....

I sold in this market for 8 years, and some people, like your daughter and I are very sensitive to this type of medication. I tried a few different ones over the years and could never find one that did not make me sick....so guess what......I decided NOT to take them......but, I do understand and know that they work very well when taken slowly.....she probably should have had the pharmacist break the tablets for her at the pharmacy.......I cannot remember the usual starting dose....but SOME people still need to take less than the people in the clinical trials.....but, I do know a lot of people will try to tolerate the upset stomach because it usually goes away after a while......I just did not want to have to do that for a few weeks.....

I agree your daughter needs to stop the meds until she sees her doctor.....it does sound like she may need something else......

Good luck

Last edited by Saleswman; 06-10-2007 at 07:34 AM.
Saleswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!