View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
wemple2
Wee Winston Wiggles
Donating Member

I started to write a post in answer to your question, then I deleted it because it sounds too simple. I don't know why people have so many problems with this, other then yorkies have small bladders. But if you really are persistent, consistent and confine her if you're not able to watch her, don't allow her freedom to roam, and praise her like there's no tomorrow when she does it right, they really are fast learners and they want so badly to please you, but you have to realize she's not going to learn on her own, you will have to make, and take the time to do it. Right now the problem is you have to stop a behavior that was already started, and unfortunately I don't think you can if you're going to leave her for 10 hours at a time with no supervision. Maybe I'm wrong, but it ain't going to be easy. Is there anyway that someone can be with her constantly at first to teach her? If it's not possible for you to be there, maybe a relative or friend or neighbor? I guess what I'm saying is she needs guidance, there's no magic age that all of a sudden she's going to be old enough to know better, unless you teach her.
I sure wish you and Coco well, but you can't expect her to know without showing her how.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!