View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
Tink's Mom
With Indy In My Heart
Donating Member

Cry I'm a Terrible Mommy!

Today I went to Lacrosse - about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs from Madison depending on traffic. A co-worker got married and had the reception on a luxury boat. I left at 10:00 am and expected to be home tonight about 10:00 pm.

My friends offered to come over and check on Tink, let her out, make sure she got some water, play with her. I told them to come over about 2:00 and then they were going to come back about 4:00 and take her home with them after a graduation party. I was planning to get her when I got home.

Well, at 2:20 I got a call on my cell that the key I left for them didn't work in the door! I gave them my extra key and had never checked it in the lock. Poor Tink was stuck in her crate! I called the emergency maintenance number and left a message for them. They called me back, but wouldn't go over and let my friends in because they didn't know if I was who I said I was and they certainly didn't know my friends. I can't blame them, but I was sure hoping they would do it.

We were on a boat in the middle of the Mississippi and I had to wait for us to get back to the pier before I could head back home and it's a 2 1/2 hr drive if all goes well. We got back to the pier at 5:00, by the time we got off the boat and my friend retrieved my car it was 5:45. We raced home! I made the trip in 2 hrs. Traffic was flying so I flew with it.

Tink was frantic to get out of her crate but she didn't potty in it at all. Bless her little frightened heart. I've never left her that long and then to leave her cooped up in her crate for all that time with just having had hip surgery. Good grief, I deserve to be labeled and hung on a pole. "Here hangs Susie, mother of Poor Little Tinkerbelle, the maligned and mistreated darling Yorkiepoo of Madison."

Then, she gives me a thousand kisses all over my face! I don't deserve her! But, I'm awfully glad to have her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!