View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #11
eaglez28
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Cry It happed to Scruffy Too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Last night, Wylie was chewing his bully and must've got a chunk off of it - he started doing that funny "air licking" thing they do when something is stuck in their mouths. Nothing new, this sometimes happens w/ chews and used to occ. happen when we gave rawhide.

Anyway, it worsened and we tried opening his mouth and sweeping his mouth, throat - it was still stuck.

He became more distressed and it seemed to be getting stuck in his throat - we ended up having to push on the sides of his chest and turn him upside down to dislodge it - REALLY scary.

So, even though Bullys are more digestible - they can be just as scary as rawhides! Anyone else have incidents like this?
The Very came thing happened to Scruffy on his 1st Birthday.
We had his Birthday Party & my sis-in-law gave him a pack of Dingo Rawhides because their Pom loves them.
Well they were all in the back yard playing & chewing on Dingos.
Well the Pom chewed his knot off of the end. Then all the guests & Pom left.
Scruffy & Lexi came inside & had the Dingo in his mouth.
My husband was walking towards Scruffy & if he thinks you are gonna take it away he swallows it, He swallowed the whole knot of the Dingo.
It was logged in his throat for the longest time.
He kept gagging & choaking - trying to throw it up & he could not get it up.
We tryed to push on the sides of his chest and turn him upside down to dislodge it - That didn't work either.
About 20 minutes latter he gagged & threw it up. Thank God it came out. Needless to say -We don't allow Dingos Or any other type of Rawhide, Bullysticks in our House.
That was so very Scary & I will never forget it.
I don't ever recomend those kind of treats to anyone with a small Dog.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!