View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 06:12 AM   #12
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

I realize your frustration in trying to find the best care for your baby while you are on vacation.

As most mentioned before a petsitter is probably the best choice since you are unable to change the place you are staying at which does not allow dogs.

I have missed plenty of functions due to not having a reputable sitter for Schatzie many times, but I also realize this is just part of my responsiblity of having her, she is like my child.

If we go anywhere and she is allowed we take her always. Or hide her!! In June we are planning a vacation to Jamaica, luckily Schatzie's breeder is taking care of her. I know she will be in good hands even though I still worry, nobody will ever take as good of care as your baby as yourself, it's just part of it.

Finding a good petsitter will take some time, and plenty of reputable places even book up as far as a year in advance so you might want to pursue your research asap. If you cannot find a good sitter you might want to reconsider your vacation. I am sure your baby comes first to you.

June will be my first time away from Schatzie and I think it will be harder on my self then her. But I know it will be good for both of us too.

I wish you luck!!
schatzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!