View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 04:20 AM   #14
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyeanne View Post
So glad you were able to break your fall .... there are just some images that will never ever leave your memory!! I hope the guy with the TV on his face was able to laugh at himself! That's like a cartoon!!

When my Amanda was about 4-5 years old, I walked into her room just in time to see a sight that will be in my head when I die! She had dragged a stepstool in there to get something high up on her closet shelf. When I walked in, she glanced over her shoulder, lost her balance and as she was falling, she grabbed for her chest of drawers. There was a basket of flowers sitting there and that's what her little hand grabbed ... there she lay on her back, on the floor with a "death grip" still on the basket of flowers!! I was laughing so hard that tears were streaming until I realized the fall had knocked the breath out of her!! Scared the krap out of me!! We still laugh about this over 20 years later!!
The whole family cracks up when retelling that tv story...what we don't find funny ... AAWWW... poor Amanda... she probably couldn't figure out why her moms laughing at her...

I still can't get the image of my DH when he went to it in a wooden kitchen chair & when he sat...ALL FOUR legs gave out at the same time It was on a hard wood floor so it was quite loud & it drew my immediate attention...when I looked over at him he was still seated in the seat w/ his legs straight out in front of him, but all the legs went scattering across the floor...he had the look of, "What the h*ll!!"..I thought I'd pee my pants....
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!