View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #11
paulapoo
Blessed by Otis & Ollie
Donating Member

I wanted to answer you about Otis's test. Yes the BAT is actually the only test I've had run. The first time they did only a fasting. It was 53. So I took him back for pre and post. Pre - normal, post - 53 (odd that it's the same as the first fasting... the vet thought maybe he snuck some food when I wasn't looking and wasn't totally fasting. My next step will be a C Protein Assay test. Supposed to be around 30.00 and will be a better indicator if its MVD, because the post level wasn't over 100 which is what the look for with shunt. Plus his spells were very mild. I was a little suspicous because the fasting was the same as the post 1 week later. He had been fasting about 14 hours when he had the pre and post. His liver enzymes were normal and and the chem tests were normal. I will probably have it done again, along with the cprotein assay in a few months unless his symptoms continue, then I will go ahead with the c protein thing sooner. Maybe if your vet knows he has hypo issue's, they will allow him some sugar water or something and the minimum fasting. Sorry Darlin, wish I could help ya more. Bye the way, Otis had his 3rd dose of lactulose tonight and..... TaaDaaa we have soft poo!! I've never been so excited for soft poo. But most of his paw licking and stopped and no weird butt issue's that I've seen. I think that's good news. You'll figure out what's right for Diggy. If only he was a little bit cute, with his little fluffy butted self. Maybe you and the furkids could roadtrip to Indy and we could have Paaaaaaaarteeeeee! I have a fenced in backyard, complete with chickenwire patches on even the smallest gaps (paranoia) so it's very safe!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!