View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 01:33 PM   #14
vainchick5
YT 6000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Drunk driving isn't unsafe? People lose their lives from drunk drivers, isn't loss of life more cruel and unnecessary than serving time for your crime?

Not to be confrontational , but she could have killed someone.
She didn't kill anyone and I agree that she should serve the time for her crime, but jerking her around and making her serve a longer sentence because of the Sheriff is wrong too. To be honest I think the public likes to see the rich and famous suffer a lot even if it's somewhat more than necessary, because it somehow makes them feel better about themselves to knock others down. Many law enforcement agencies chimed and said that for a probation violation for a non violent crime she really only should have gotten a week at most two, that this was a really high sentencing. I think this judge got what he wanted, his name plastered everywhere and it's sad that a lot of people think justice has been served when really justice abused it's power. Again I think she should be punished, but this was overkill. If it was your (general) child, sister, or whomever, you would cry foul, but because it's someone people love to hate, it's satisfying and I think that's wrong. But that's just MHO.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!