View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
lickthestar
YT Addict

I was a journalism major too, but now I'm graduating law school in a few months. I AM NOT giving you legal advice, but here's my take on it:

It's not defamation of character, slander or libel...that's only if she said or wrote something bad about you. For that, you need proof that the bad thing she said about you was not true.

There's also a contract on the website that expressly states that if you pay in full, she will not refund your money, but will give you a puppy when one becomes available. It also says that she can stop the sale at any time. Unfortunately, that's the contract she got from you. BUT...all is not hopeless. I would suggest contacting a local attorney who is familiar with sales transactions and/or animal law. Attorneys might be expensive...it might be more to get one than the amount you'd make back, so your best bet is to contact your local legislature, ie: congressman, to find out what steps can be taken. You'd be surprised at how helpful your legislature can be in these circumstances. You might also want to take a stab at contacting the ASPCA or animal control if you suspect this woman is abusing the animals by overbreeding. It all depends on what state you live in (and this woman is in), but it's definitely worth an investigation. Good luck and let us know what happens!!
lickthestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!