View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

We had 4 with our 1st litter all latched on to Tiffanie except for Princess Isabella the 1st day after whelping. I had to bottle feed her and I kept putting her on Tiffanie and she took to it after a few days....Keep trying with them when U feed them from the bottle, let them take a few sucks then put them down to U're mommy and maybe they will get the hang of the sucking action. U must feed them tho or they will DIE on U. They have to have food, keep them there with her while U do the feeding, she needs to feed them or she may let U do it all and not even get intrested in feeding them so try to get her to do as much of it as U can. I don't know how often they eat tho more experienced breeders will come by and hopefully answer that, I just watched when our other 3 nursed and I nursed her, but I'd give her a few sucks and then let her try to suck from her. Also move them from breast to breast maybe some in the back or top aren't long enough for them to latch on to. I know Tiffanies by her bottom and shoulders are smaller and not hanging down like the ones in the middle of her belly. Also Isabella wasn't gaining as well as the others so this is why I also helped her. I wish U the best and please go get puppy milk from Vet. Call them too for their advise to U. Without Food and warmth they will pass away! Hugs Lee & Babies
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!