View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 AM   #21
yougetthesmiles
BANNED FOR NOT MAILING PRODUCTS PURCHASED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy View Post
Sewing was a mandatory class in Jr. High when I was in school. My mom always sewed and made clothes for my sisters and I when we were young. When I had my children and wanted matching brother/sister outfits, there were no such thing in the early 80's, so I pulled out my machine and just started. I never was very good with a pattern, but I could devise things from looking at other stuff.

For my doggie business, it began because I wanted a nightgown for Sissy and refused to pay over $30 for one and she hates anything with sleeves. So after searching and searching for what I was looking for to no avail, I pulled out my machine, but a few yards of cheap flannel and just sewed till I got what I was looking for. I was fortunate that another former storeowner who was discontinuing gave me permission to use a couple of her designs that I have modified a bit and the other products I have were just inspirations after playing around.

BTW, it isn't inexpensive to start sewing. There is just so much you need to get that it costs a small fortune to have supplies and unless you have a huge volume of orders, you really don't make much money - but it is fun!!!!
I agree!!! This is NOT a cheap hobby!!!!! I have TONS and TONS of money wrapped into all my supplies!
yougetthesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!