View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 06:45 AM   #10
Allan
Senior Yorkie Talker

Courtney, I know all too well how you feel. About 3 1/2 weeks ago, Zack (my nearly 2 year old Yorkie) died in an terrible accident. (You can read the wholse story in my post in this section of YT.) I was (and still am) a total mess. Zackie was my best friend and always there for me. I still miss him tremendously. I never really cried before, but for the first 2 weeks, I couldn't stop crying. (I still do, but not as often.) As for coping - here are some of the things that I do: I still talk to Zackie all of the time (sometimes while looking at his picture and sometimes not); I write in a journal my thoughts and feelings (both about his life; and about how much I miss him); and I post on YT and message people here who understand.

None of this makes the pain go away; I still miss my puppy more than I ever thought possible. My apartment seems totally empty (despite my wife and her cat living her as well). Zack was such a huge part of my life and of me, and I don't think I will ever totally get over his death.

I hope things get easier for you. Here is a picture of Zackie....

-Allan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zackie Rest in peace.jpg (81.1 KB, 7 views)
Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!