View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 06:33 AM   #9
Calmom
Yorkie Yakker

No, sweetie, it doesn't seem fair at all when we lose these precious ones sooner than we should. I honestly do not think that God chooses and takes some early on purpose-I think that is just the way nature works-some animals have a shorter life than others. God IS there to help you in your pain though.

One thing I would like to mention is that, one blessing of this pain is that you (and apparently your parents) are capable of feeling this sadness. I know it may not seem like a blessing right now, but you don't want to be a cold hearted person either. This pain you are feeling speaks well of your kind heart and compassionate nature. Maybe, someday this experience and pain will enable you to help others thought similar pain.

I am not trying to "philosophize" this away-I KNOW how hard it is-I too have been though losing a beloved dog way too early. Your poignant metaphor of having your heart ripped out and stomped on was exactly how I felt.

But I still would rather be the kind of person who is heartbroken over the loss than one who just doesn't care-there ARE those who would shrug and say "Well, it was just a dog". I just don't want that coldness in my heart and you don't either.

Yes, you will feel "normal" again-this is something you WILL get through-you don't get "over it" but you do go beyond it. Please take some comfort in the fact that most of us who have lived over a few years have had this heartbreak and learn to live and cope with the scars, indeed we put them to use in showing more love and more kindness to those in need.

You have much to offer this world and, someday another doggie.

Blessings to you and your family
Calmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!