View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 05:44 AM   #18
barkindogcloth
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I have been sewing since I was about 7-8 years old, My mom worked for Buttrick patterns for many moons, and every thursday night, My dad would take my brother bowling with him, and mom would sit us girls down and teach us to sew, I tell ya I hated it then, I was a big tom-boy, hated having to sit still like that! LOL anyhow when I got into my teens I realized I liked it, and have been sewing since, I taught myself alot, and alot came form my mother, she is good! I have never seen her come across anything she couldnt do! who ever was talking about machines was so very right. get the best machine and the machine with the best stitching your going to need as you can, If you KNOW for a fact your going to be sewing for long term, If you have a itch that says this may not work out, then get a cheaper model to start with, I spend anywhere from 15- 20 thousand on machines. we sew and embroidery pet clothing, so we have to have a high end commercial machines, But I do rember back in the days when we used the smaller home machines,
Also one of the best ways to get training and teaching on sewing is at the fabric stores, Most have classes on assorted different types of sewing, I think one of the hardest things I had to learn was patience, It takes time, But it is so fun!
Rena
barkindogcloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!